Light editing: $4/250-word page ($20 minimum) OR $40/hour
As your light copy editor, I will:
- Recommend changes in wording and sentence organization.
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and usage errors.
- Assure consistency in style, adhering to the style manual you prefer (Chicago Manual of Style, American Psychological Manual of Style, etc.)
- Examine sentence and paragraph length and structure, correcting as needed.
Heavy/Substantive Editing: $6/250-word page ($24 minimum) OR $45/hour
As your heavy/substantive copy editor, I will:
- Examine and critique organization and structure, recommending changes or rewriting, depending on our agreement.
- Repair transitions and jargon and alert writer to sexist or racist language.
- Examine logical consistency of the entire piece, search for holes in argument (nonfiction) and information for nonfiction.
- Search for plot holes and inconsistencies in characters’ speech and action for fiction.
- Read for contradictions.
- Perform all the light copy writing tasks.
- Rewrite, as requested, sections in the writer’s voice.
Rush for editing services: 50% over base rate.
If you’re wondering which sort of editing your piece needs, contact me for a free consult. For works over 150 pages, consult with me about bulk rates.